The Secretary organizes Whitby Courthouse Theatre’s virtual meetings using Microsoft Teams and in-person meetings, as well as organizing digital reports, minutes, and other record keeping. The Secretary is required to attend and take minutes at any other meetings, as requested.
The Secretary is a member of the executive and a signing officer of the corporation.
- Record, proofread and format (according to the current season’s template) Board Meeting and Annual General Meeting minutes and send to the Board for review before the next scheduled meeting.
- Send reminders to the Board and Coordinator to submit their monthly reports, one week before a Board Meeting and another the day before their due date.
- Send reminders to Board for any agenda items, one week before the Board Meeting and another the day before their due date.
- Gather submitted agenda items and format them according to the current season’s template. Send to the President for pre-approval of the order of items. Once approved, send it to all Board Members a minimum of 24 hours before the meeting.
- Liaise with President to formulate the schedule and articles for each newsletter. Contact the appropriate people to provide the information (stories and photos) needed. Gather the content and send it to the President to review. Following the President’s approval, forward the files to the designer.
- Report any Whitby Courthouse Theatre correspondence to the Board.
- Ensure the Treasurer has up-to-date information for corporate fillings (i.e. Change of Information).