Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct applies to all members, employees, volunteers, patrons, and visitors of Whitby Courthouse Theatre.
This policy serves to establish principles on which all persons are expected to conduct themselves to ensure Whitby Courthouse Theatre is a safe and respectful environment for all.
All members, volunteers, patrons, employees, and visitors must:
- Act with honesty, integrity and respect
- Respect individual beliefs
- Respect the right to privacy
- Be fair, considerate and honest
- Exercise control, respect and professionalism in all activities
- Show understanding and sensitivity when dealing with sensitive issues
- Respect the name of the Whitby Courthouse Theatre
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Be consistent with their commitments
In addition, Board Members, Coordinators, employees and volunteers are expected to:
- Maintain good governance
- Be responsible to the Membership
- Be willing to collaborate
- Be transparent
- Make time for their duties
Whitby Courthouse Theatre has zero-tolerance for:
- Physical, verbal, or sexual violence.
- Violation of the Anti-Harassment & Non-Discrimination or Substances Abuse policies.
- Bullying or any other attitude or behaviour that may be perceived as discriminatory, or that contradicts the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (Constitution Act, 1982) or the Ontario Human Rights Code (R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19).
Non-compliance with this policy will result in the appropriate disciplinary measures, up to and including dismissal from duties, production and or acting roles.