Whitby Courthouse Theatre is committed to being an accessible space for individuals of all socioeconomic statuses, and to those enduring hardship. To that end, Whitby Courthouse Theatre has implemented a Financial Aid program for those that are subject to Program Fees. Information about these programs, and how to apply can be found below.
Please do not hesitate to enroll in one of the below programs, we want theatre to be accessible, and these assistance programs are free of judgment and strictly confidential.
Deferred Payment Program
Any individual who would benefit from deferred payment is eligible by completing an application form indicating that enrolment in the Deferred Payment Program would assist them. No proof of income is required.
The Deferred Payment Program will reduce the Program Fee due on the original due date to 25% of its value. The remaining 75% will be due on whichever of the following dates comes first:
- Five months from the original due date.
- The end of the program.
Payment Waiver Program
In order to be eligible for a Payment Waiver an individual’s gross household income must be below $60,000, or the household must be experiencing an extenuating financial circumstance, and submit, alongside the application form, any one of:
- CRA Notice of Assessment
- CRA Proof of Income Statement
- A signed letter from a principal, employer, or other pre-approved individual that details your name and address, and statement that the household income is below $60,000.
- A statement identifying an extenuating financial circumstance (for your privacy, please do not include details of the circumstance).
The Payment Waiver Program will waive the Program Fee in its entirety.
How to Apply
Eligibility is detailed for each program, but generally to be eligible an individual must:
- Be a Member of Whitby Courthouse Theatre or become one.
- Be in a position in which financial assistance would assist in keeping the arts accessible.
The application form can be found below and completed online with supporting documentation (if required). A spot will be held in the program while the Privacy Officer reviws the application. A respince will be sent within seven business days.
Applications which are approved will be kept on file for seven years, supporting documentation will be noted on the form, but the documentation itself will be destroyed one year after the end of the season for which the application pertained. Applications that are not approved will be destroyed in their entirety one year following the end of the season for which the application pertained.
Only the Privacy Officer will be aware of participation in a Financial Aid program (subject to Oversight detailed in the Financial Aid Policy).
Where there is a discrepancy between the information contained on the website or any information disseminated to an individual and the Financial Aid Policy, the Financial Aid Policy shall take precedent.