Youth Group Auditions
Program Director: Nicole Vezeau
Producer: Rhonda Martin
Changes to the Program Structure:
The Whitby Courthouse Youth Group Program is an educational program. Throughout the fall term, (September-December) Youth Group members attend Saturday mornings from 9am-12pm and will participate in one of two educational streams. One will focus on Musical Theatre skills and workshops such as stage combat, improv, audition preparation, etc., aimed at building the skills needed for the Spring Musical and beyond. The other stream will focus on learning a classical theatre/Shakespeare play. This stream is designed for youth who already have experience in theatre and are looking to take their acting to the next level. A basic understanding of staging, acting, and Shakespeare are required for admittance into this stream. Both streams will perform in December for family members to demonstrate what they have learned. The Musical Theatre Workshop Stream will perform a cabaret the same evening as the Shakespeare Stream will perform their play. In December, all Youth Group members audition for a role in the June Musical Theatre Production (show announced in the fall after group selection). Each member is cast in the show which begins rehearsing Saturday mornings in January from 9am-12 noon. Then Monday/Wednesday evenings from 6pm-9pm are added starting in March and Sundays from 2-6pm are added in April until the show opens in June. The season culminates in a 2-week run from June 3-14, 2019. All members are required to attend all scheduled rehearsals and performances.
More Program Information
Youth between the ages of 10 and 18.
Friday, September 6th
Slot A - 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Slot B - 7:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday, September 7th from
Slot C - 9:00am - 11:00am
Slot D - 10:00am - 12:30pm
Slot E - 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Slot F - 2:30pm - 5:00pm
Sunday, September 8th
Slot G - 9:00am - 11:00am
All auditionees are required to arrive 15 minutes before their call time to sign in.
When emailing to request an audition slot, please provide:
1. The day you wish to audition
2. The 2-2.5 hour time slot you would prefer on that day
3. Which of the 2 fall streams would you prefer (Musical Theatre or Shakespeare)
Please note that there is limited availability in each section as we can only see so many auditions in an hour. Therefore, though we will try to accommodate your preference we cannot guarantee that you will receive your preferred time. Once you receive an email reply confirming your time slot, it will be guaranteed.
Callbacks for the Shakespeare Group will be held on Sunday, September 8th from 11am-1pm.
Whitby Courthouse Theatre, 416 Centre Street South
Program Start Date:
The program will commence on Saturday, September 14th for those who are accepted. Both youth and parents are expected to attend on this date.
Fall Term (September-December): Saturday mornings from 9am-12pm
Show: begins rehearsing Saturday mornings in January from 9am-12 noon. Then Monday/Wednesday evenings from 6pm-9pm are added starting in March and Sundays from 2-6pm are added in April until the show opens in June. The season culminates in a 2-week run from June 3-14, 2020. All members are required to attend all scheduled rehearsals and performances.
June 3-14, 2020
What to Prepare:
- Completed Youth Group Audition Form with Headshot/Photo
- Vocal - Please prepare a musical theatre song of your choice (Disney is also accepted). If you are singing with the piano, please bring piano sheet music for the accompanist. If you are singing with a track, please have the karaoke track cued on your phone or iPod prior to entering the audition room, ability to be Bluetooth will be provided. Additionally, it is very important to let us know ahead of time if you plan on using a track instead of the piano. Note: please make sure tracks do not include any background vocals, instrumental tracks only please.
- Monologue: Please prepare a 1-minute monologue of your choice. Make sure you’ve memorized this and expect some redirection.
- Choreography: There will be a 1-hour choreography audition with our show choreographer Mel, no prior prep or experience required, wear comfy clothing and shoes!
How to Register for an Audition
Before your audition click here to download the WCT Youth Audition Form complete it, and bring it to your audition.
Contact Nicole Vezeau if you have any other questions by clicking here.