Whitby Courthouse Theatre is looking for a Director for its June Youth Group Musical. The Production will be chosen at a later date.
We are looking for someone fun and energetic, with enthusiasm for live theatre and working with youth.
Though directors typically begin when rehearsals start, our program focuses on theatre education. Therefore, this position will also entail some commitment to the fall programming and getting to know the youth members prior to rehearsals commencing.
Our group runs on Saturday mornings from 9am-12pm October to June (excluding holidays). We also add some Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6pm-9pm beginning in March.
Though the artistic team’s responsibilities will increase when rehearsals begin in January, we do ask that each team member lead 2 workshops in our fall programming and sit in on the audition panels for the group and the show.
The show director’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining a clear Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check prior to starting
- Attending group auditions the weekend of October 2nd
- Attending show auditions the weekend of December 18th
- Facilitating 2 workshops on acting in the fall on two dates in cooperation with other workshop facilitators
- Be available for all show rehearsals beginning in January 2022
- Work with the producer to create a rehearsal schedule and artistic vision to relay to various volunteer crews
- Work closely with the Music Director and Choreographer.
If you wish to apply, fill out the application form below. You will then be contacted with an interview time by the Youth Group Program Director.
Interviews will be held the week of September 13th. Applications are due no later than September 13, 2021.